The Complete Joy of Homebrewing (4th Edition)
If you’ve spent any time on a brewing forum, you’ve probably noticed advanced brewers advising nervous first timers to “RDWHAHB,” paraphrasing homebrewing icon Charlie Papazian’s famous phrase “Relax, Don't Worry, Have A Home Brew.” It’s no surprise then that his book also promotes a low stress introduction to homebrewing, while still teaching you everything you need to know to brew beer at home from start to finish.
Popularly referred to as “The Bible of Homebrewing” for its useful info and the great recipes. Originally written in the 1970s, this 4th Edition features updated recipes, charts and more. The Complete Joy Of Homebrewing is the all-time best selling book on brewing at home. The point of view might be a little dated, but the content is a wealth of homebrewing information.
This completely revised and updated edition includes:
- An expanded and updated homebrew recipe chart: How to brew 53 traditional beers
- A Beer Styles chart with easy-to-understand descriptions of key flavor and aroma characters, along with technical style data to help you craft your own recipes
- A list of more than 75 beer types describing strength, hop aroma, bitterness, flavor, color, sweetness, and alcohol percentage
- Expanded charts on 68 hop varieties, descriptions, and uses
- Brand new recipes
- Beer kit tips
- Key information about using and understanding hops
- Five secrets to fermentation
- And much more